Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Really? Only Tuesday?

It's been a long week already....

Let's back up to the weekend...
Saturday was taking care of the kitten, household administration duties, dinner with the family - which was very nice and only complicated by my fricken back.
Sunday was lawnmower repair, a failed nap, awesome lasagna, a little bit of writing time, laundry. Oh and that demon kitten... lol

Then Monday -
Crazy day job. Had to leave early for a family meeting with the estate attorney. Grocery store. Massive and debilitating headache that had me in bed super early and dealing with the after effects this morning. Ugh.

Today -
A friend of my kids and niece lost her battle with heroine addiction. She was a super sweet girl. K1 worked with her. S worked with her and they were super close. K4 hung out with her at events. She's been at my house numerous times and I had the pleasure of hanging out with her at other venues. She was clean for so very long and doing so awesome. And then she fell...

It's tragically sad. We're all devastated. She had an eight-year old daughter. Her obituary is beautiful, but clearly states that she lost her life to the beast of heroine. Her death makes no sense. K1 called me this morning to talk about it. I told him it was okay to feel sad and angry. Hell, I'm sad and angry and was no way near as close as the kids were. So senseless. So very freaking senseless.

That's all I have for now...

Behave!



No comments: