Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Thursday Before...

So by this time tomorrow That Man and I will be off on an epic adventure...

I'm so looking forward to it!

A week to hang with my uncle, aunt, siblings, and siblings-in-law (really they are all siblings) (and the cousins). It will be so nice not to have to look at the clock to gauge what time we have to leave to get home at a decent hour, or consider if we should pack to stay over and figure in what we have on the schedule that will call our night early or prevent us from staying over. It will be so nice just to be able to sit and talk without any other kind of stress.

We're driving with my sister and brother-in-law. Rented a car - hopefully an epic car, but I have no control over that since my awesome cousin took care of those details (that's what she does) and happily, she will be at our final destination when we get there. I'm leaving the day job a bit early to take care of the rental details (that's only because I misread my email and thought I had more time than I do). We have four drivers, so we should be great upon arrival.

Our home is well covered as far as animals and safety and security. Otherwise, I would not even post about this trip until we were back. Ha! Yeah, I'm kind of a freak about that. So...

I will be among cows and heat and more cousins, aunts, uncles, etc, than I even know. Last year when we were there, it was so much fun. I can only hope with the addition of my sibs, that this year will better. Our uncle is all we have left from our mom's side of the family. Not to mention that he is an amazing guy and has decided that we are all his kids now. (If that doesn't put a certain pressure on us kids, I don't know what does... LOL...He's the "cool" uncle though so there is really no pressure at all... He's the guy that encouraged us to do the "unsafe" thing. Always. He once offered to post my bail when my own dad told me to cool my jets...Yeah, he's that guy.)

I don't know how much I'll get to post while I'm gone, but I will try. I am hoping to write. Or at least hoping to find my writing brain again.

It's going to be amazing!

Behave!






No comments: