Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

So Much Thursday....

I was off from the day job today! I needed this day so much! Mainly, I took off because today is our annual street fair and I just couldn't even think about dealing with the traffic and bullcrap with leaving and coming home. Plus. I had stuff to do....

1. Estate stuff. Lawyer phone calls and emails. Phone calls were scheduled and productive. Many questions were answered. We're getting close. Just waiting for one thing and some other things. But we're at the place where we need to begin making decisions about some stuff. Talked to my brother. Talked to my cousin. Texted the siblings. We're getting there.

2. Made appointments.

3. Slept in. That was first and foremost. It was beautiful, though I didn't sleep too long.

4. No laundry. Currently the belt is broken on my dryer (ha ha - no surprise in that one) and we're waiting for the replacement to arrive. (tomorrow)

5. Hung out with K4. She did the running for the things we forgot to get last night.

6. Made baked beans. From scratch. I soaked the beans overnight. Made two batches - a vegan batch and a bacon loaded batch. They are more "cuban" than regular, but they are tasty. I cooked them all day and I'm pretty sure they turned out okay. They are a mix of all of the dried beans I had in my pantry - garbanzo, pinto, lentils, northern, red, and idk what else...

7. Street fair today. I have not and likely will not go down. Though one of my best friends from school is down there. I want to go see her, but I am not motivated enough to put on real pants and venture from the safety of my home. The dog has been a mess all day - barking at random noises and being defensive about nothing. K4 and J and K are down there. They will be here soon for food and stuff, so...

8. Final line edits are done and changes sent back. Twenty days until release! Whoot!

9. And now the house is full of kid friends and kid friends I haven't seen since they were in high school. Nice.

Signing off now...

Behave!

No comments: