Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday Again...

It's hot... I know. It's almost July, it's supposed to be hot. At this point, I'm not miserable. We have air conditioning in our rooms and a small unit running downstairs. I know it's going to get hotter, too. Whatever.

So I went to the Bingo thing and won $30.00. Hanging out with the work friends was fun. There was a lot of laughter and conversation. Came home and spent my earnings on dinner. Ha! That Man was doing stuff and things and I didn't feel like cooking at all, so I ordered food. So there's that.

The day job... Well... I'm not going to get into much of it. Except to say I have spoken my piece and relayed That Man's opinion of how the last few months have affected me. I don't know if it will help and if it doesn't, then I guess my decision is made. We shall see!

The writing hasn't been so good as of late. See above. I'm hoping to change that this weekend. That Man has to work and my plan is to find somewhat of a balance between all of the things I need to do around the house and writing. That Brother, That Neice, and That Boyfriend are coming in about two weeks and we must prepare.

Little "Bootsie" kitty went home with her new momma. She's adjusting wonderfully and these guys left here are also adjusting well. We had a lot of crying last night and this morning, but they seem fine now. Freddie is laying beside me all snuggled in, which is what he does. He's so lovey and snuggly, though my leg has an epic set of cat claw marks. He was loving on me while I was sitting at the table, lost his footing, and scratched the hell out of me on his way down. Not his fault, but...Ouch.

Besides the kitty going to her new home, the animals have adjusted well around here. Max is still a bit of an a-hole at times, but he's getting much better. Spenser doesn't give a crap and doesn't want any other cat around her, though she's still loving with us. She just waits until the kittens have tuckered themselves out. She's a pretty old gal. We don't know how much time she has left, so we're okay with her quirks. Elsa tolerates the kitties, though Freddie absolutely loves her. Last night Fred was licking her ears and "petting" her while That Man was petting her. It was pretty hysterical to watch. We'll see what happens there, but props to my puppy for being so patient with the baby 1/15th of her size. The biggest change is how much cat food we go through. And how much litter. But K4 helps out with that, so it's not a huge deal. Oh and the hair - Fred sheds as much as Elsa it seems, so the vacuum is in constant use.

Tomorrow is Friday. That's a hugely good thing. I had kind of thought about taking a mental health day, but I have too many customers relying on me to finish up their stuff tomorrow. I'll make it through and then enjoy the weekend. I have off next Thursday and Friday, so I need to look forward to that.

That's all I have...

Behave!

No comments: