Pages

Monday, July 01, 2019

The First of July..

I took off work today. Woke up at midnight with a horrible belly. Laid awake for about five hours feeling like utter crap (that's all I'll say about that...eww). When the alarms went off, I'd only been sleeping for about forty minutes. There was no way this work day was happening. Texted my boss and went back to bed for four hours. Woke up feeling some better, but still not great. And so it goes...

That Man took a day as well. I had no idea he'd already planned it. He's been sanding our kitchen floor and wanted to make more progress. By the time I got up, he had another round of sanding done, some patchwork areas, and had stained the new wood we had to install. It's coming together. He's currently sanding again, but we're getting close to new polyurethane. In the meantime, both doorways into the kitchen are covered in plastic. There is sawdust literally everywhere. My countertop is in the dining room and my kitchen is basically unusable. It's worth it though.

We've decided not to put the old countertop back in. Instead, we'll get a butcher block piece and install it over the "floating cupboard". We need to have counter space and this is the most logical way to have more floor space and be able to get stuff done. I'm actually pretty excited. It's been about 20 years since we've done any updates in the kitchen, so this is much needed. My kitchen is super tiny - like I have two drawers in the whole space and only three lower cabinets and three upper cabinets, not including the one over the fridge. I do have a big pantry, which helps, but space is tight - which makes it hard when you both like to cook. I'm hoping this new arrangement will work out well.

I did manage to eat something, which was questionable, but turned out okay. Rested a whole bunch and will attempt to make dinner here in a few. It was kind of hard doing my resting thing while That Man worked his butt off, but it is what it is... I'm still exhausted, but now only have two days to work until a long weekend.

Camping is up in the air at this point. We have so much to do and not much time. Also, the weekend will be broken up by estate meetings and other obligations. I'm not able to make my writing meeting because of the estate meeting, but that's okay. July is typically one of the least attended meetings of the year, and I have done all of the stuff I need to do for my board position.

And that is all for now. The plan is to get some writing in this evening and go to bed early. I can only imagine what my work day is going to look like tomorrow with taking off today, but it is what it is.

Behave!

No comments: