Pages

Friday, July 05, 2019

Feel Good Friday! And Sadness!

I had a two day work week, which, despite the utter ridiculousness of my work-week, I do not feel bad about! I did what I could. I kept with my "killing it" numbers and it is what it is!

Yes. I am off today. Thank Goodness! I wasn't supposed to be. Heck. We were supposed to be camping, which is why I took today off. But here I sit in my dining room. K4 and the puppy went to camp on Wednesday, but That Man was still sanding floors. We got the first coat of poly on the floor yesterday morning, the second on last night, and he did the third this morning. We'll check tonight to see if another coat is needed. If not, we'll start the clean up process. But we'll see.

It's a sad sad day for our family. My sister and brother-in-law had to put their puppy to sleep. Nezzie was almost 17 and was such a great dog. She's been failing for a little while now, but yesterday I think she managed to let them know that she was ready to go. She had one last night in The Wilds and they took her this morning. Everyone is sad. Obviously she was a part of all of our lives for a long time. K3 and K4 don't remember life before her. They grew up with her as their own dog, as did the older two.

I don't think my niece really remembers life with her puppy either. Those two literally grew up together and my heart just breaks for all of them.

As she aged, we called her the "fun police" because any time the other dogs, or even the kids were being rowdy, she would step in and shut it down. She was so patient with the kittens and with Mr. B. I used to tell my sister all of the time that she was my dog, not hers, and I gave her all of the treats.

In between coats of poly yesterday, we went up to say goodbye to her. We stopped at got some bologna and cheese to spoil her. It was hard, but Nezzie knew it was time. You could see it in her eyes. As I was saying goodbye, she looked up at me with eyes that seemed to say "thanks for being my friend and thanks for the treats".

My sister texted me this morning to say that she was gone. :(

I'm heading up there in a few. I just feel like I need to be there. That Man is helping a friend out today and I've been cleaning up as much as I can around here and taking care of household administration duties. I have to get out of this poly smell, too. It makes me sick to my stomach and the house is well ventilated.

That is all.
Behave!

No comments: