Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Saturday Post...

What a freaking long day!!

Woke up at the normal work day time, showered, and was ready to head out the door for breakfast with our great niece. She's so adorable and looks just like her momma, but it was early. She turned two and she let me wash her hands and put her shoes on her. We had pancakes, bacon, coffee, orange juice and yogurt. I got to catch up with That Man's side of the family. I haven't had a chance to talk to That Sister in a while and I miss her, so that was good. Also got to see her hubby and our nephew. It was a good morning.

We left there and headed back into town to get the camper registered in our names. That didn't take as long as I expected, but it did take a long while. Got the stuff we forgot to take out of the camper and needed.

Back home to take off the defective oil sending unit from the Jeep. That Man broke it fixing the leaky oil filter. He bought a new one and during the test drive, it crapped out. Took it back to the store and they told him they wouldn't replace it. We were fuming mad. We went back today and insisted they replace it. They did. But we had to drive to pick it up since they had no more in stock. Whatever. Then we went to get an oil change kit and... Not in stock. Had to drive back out to not far from where we had to pick up the part (different stores  - That Man wracks his points up at different places) Stopped quick at the grocery store to grab some of the things we forgot.

Ended up getting home about two hours later. K1, J, and my boys were here. K1 came to pick up a cooler for his weekend excursion and grab some stuff from the attic. Got to kiss my baby boy and hang out with my older baby boy. They are so stinking cute! Little B is giving kisses and playing hide and seek and is so freaking adorable! Mr. B is very into Pokemon now and was either quizzing me about Pokemon or showing me his new cards.

Then we had to run another errand. I swear we were away from home for about 10 hours today. We're exhausted.

Finally got back home and threw dinner in the oven. I had marinated some greek chicken yesterday. Apparently, I didn't rinse the dill that went into the marinade enough. It was delicious, but super gritty. And apparently, I have a super bad issue with grit in my food. While it was super tasty, when I hit grit, I was done. Like major gagging done. Never knew that about myself, but there it is... In other news, my tzatziki sauce turned out banging.

And that's about it.

Tomorrow is some running around. We realized the other night that we don't have any working smoke detectors. (After I made meatballs that spilled over in the oven and filled the house with awful, awful smoke. - Like so bad we all had to shower before bed). That Man bought a cheap one to get us through, but we need at least three more and a decent CO2 detector - especially since we just revamped the furnace piping.

K3 and A are coming for dinner. We have laundry to do. And a lot of other stuff.

Then... It's Monday again.

That's all I have...

Behave!

No comments: