Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

I have only shopped Black Friday sales once in my life. With my sister-in-law, who doesn't remember. That'll tell you how traumatic it was! I don't know that either of us will ever go again. But I applaud those who do go.
Black Friday is the anniversary of my very first car accident. Way back when. I had just dropped off the same sister-in-law from above (though she wasn't my sister-in-law yet. We were still in high school.) and was on my way home to get ready for work. (I can't imagine that we'd been shopping. Since I'm sure I didn't have any money for shopping.) Anyway, I hit a telephone pole and totaled my 1967 Chevy BelAir. Maybe that's one of the reasons I don't like to go out today. Weird, I know. But you already knew that about me.
Thanksgiving was great. We had a wonderful time. Lots of food and laughter and lots of food. Seriously, lots of food. And the best bunch of family and friends any person could want. I think we all went home knowing just how blessed we are.
Now for the next birthday. K2. Teenaged girl sleepover on the horizon. Oh my.

No comments: