Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Ramblings

Things have slowed down here a fraction. Enough that I've managed, at least this weekend, to squeeze in some writing time. I'm not foolish enough to believe things will stay this way - not with the holidays approaching. But, I'll take what I can get.
I'm trying to decide if I want to skip sending out Christmas cards this year. Every year I say I'm going to trim the list, and that never seems to happen. Before I know it, I'm spending a fortune in stamps and cards. Is getting Christmas cards important to you?
I'm still resisting the press of the holidays, even though I have no choice but to think about it. Shopping for four (plus the nieces and nephews) takes time, effort and a plan. It's soon time for me to figure mine out.
Surprisingly, I find I'm really looking forward to the holiday season. Last year, I was kind of a Grinch. I never did fully get into the spirit of the season. I did what I had to do but never found that excitement that's supposed to come with the hanging of the lights and the choosing of the tree. I don't know why. I want to be different this year.
Back to work! Happy Monday!

No comments: