Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Icky Housework

**Check out that word meter! 79.2% I'm almost done!**

With thoughts and plans for the holidays, I've also come to realize that this house needs a major organizational clean out. Seriously, at any moment, the house is just going to split in two, spilling its contents into the yard and street. And Christmas is coming. Which means even more stuff.
The clothes are the worst part. The ones that need gone through, handed down or given to charity. Or thrown away. That's an issue for me. Throwing away clothes. It's like throwing away books. I won't throw something away unless it's beyond help - stained, ripped or falling apart. It just seems like a waste to me.
Books are even worse. I found some books last week that were really mold damaged. Really damaged. It took all I had to toss them into the trash. We have several books that have been taped so many times, they're more tape than books. Those are the favorites though..."Are You My Mother?" "The Best Nest" "Henry Babysits"...favorites of all four kids and books that I will probably never get rid of. They were loved too much to toss out. Hopefully (in the far off, really, really far off) future our grandchildren will adore them.
How'd I get off topic?
Anyway, yeah. Organizing. Where is my magic wand? Why can't I just wiggle my nose and take care of all of this?
My computer's cool down fan is dying. Again. If I disappear for a few days, you'll know why.

No comments: