Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tagged

Natalie tagged any one who wanted to do this. So here goes:

2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends
Your Name: Vicki
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both, but neither. I have to be in the mood.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps. When the kids were little we used to leave one "big" present unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Both. I prefer white outside, but like the colored ones too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes. But for no reason.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
After Thanksgiving. Sometimes way after.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Hmm....Good question. Probably Mandarin Orange Salad.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

The year my parents gave me the boots I wanted more than anything. Except they wrapped a pair of my mom's old snow boots. I was shocked. It was funny.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I'm not sure. But with 2 older brothers...
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We did when I was a kid. Always jammies. I guess we technically do now. Only we're with the family at my folks. We do a family gift exchange and the kids each get a present from Grammy and PopPop to open then.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Lights and ornaments. Breakables at the top because of the dog. No tinsel. The cat would eat it.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

LOVE IT!
12. Can you ice skate?

I've only done it a few times.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Probably those boots I mentioned above.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Pumpkin Pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Listening to the music from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" while decorating the tree. Going to my parents house on Christmas Eve and eating chicken rice soup.
17. What tops your tree?

And old fashioned Santa holding a candle.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Well, both, of course. I love watching the kids open something they thought they weren't going to get.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

They're okay. I don't eat too many of them.

If you feel like doing this, go ahead. I'm not tagging anyone specifically!

No comments: