Baby, it's cold outside!
There's a wind that feels like it slices your body in two.
And I had to go out. Well, I guess I didn't have to, but the kids were begging to spend some of their Christmas cash and we did need silly things - like groceries.
The tree is still up. I meant to take it down today. Really, I did. I'm anxious to get things back to normal around here, which sounds kind of "Scroogish" but is more related to the general dead-ness of the tree than anything else.
I was trying to think of some of the highlights from the year, mostly the writing ones. Here's what I came up with off the top of my head and in no particular order.
1. Our anniversary trip and 20 year anniversary.
2. My writer's group writing retreat. 3 days to do nothing but write. And eat. And talk to other writers. The weekend is the absolute best and I always come away so recharged and focused. And this year we're extending it a whole day!
3. Sending all four kids to school all day. Don't get me wrong, I adore the beasts and always look forward to their days off school, but this was a milestone for me. Sort of a bittersweet one - the end of having little, little ones and the beginning of full-time writer status.
4. Writing my very first single title book. In a month. The fastest book I've ever written and one I'm still excited about.
5. My writing friends. Somewhere along the way, the line between professional and personal got crossed much to a greater benefit. I don't know what I'd do without them.
6. Natalie and Megan getting me hooked on "Supernatural". Thanks to them, I put the season one dvd's on the top of my Christmas list and am now the proud owner of endless hours of Sam and Dean.
7. This Christmas. For many reasons and none of them material.
I'm sure I'll think of more. Maybe I'll post them tomorrow. Maybe not.