Pages

Friday, December 08, 2006

"Weather in Your Tail"

My mom used to say that when we'd get crazy. "It's going to snow, or something, you all have weather in your tails." And usually, it did snow or the weather did change. Why is that? Are children some kind of weather predictors? Does the change in barometric pressure do something? I don't know. I can't think too hard about that right now, except to say now that I have children, I know my mother was right.
It's snowing here. Tiny little flakes. When it started, I was taking K3 and K4 to school. They stood on the front porch, the look on their faces one of pure joy and expectation. That was cool.
Tonight is shopping night. I'm excited. And I'm ready. Well, nearly. I only have a few more organizational tasks to accomplish, but they have nothing to do with hiding presents. Only finding things in my kitchen.
Vicky B blogged about critiquing my book today. She's yelled at me before for scaring her.
Tomorrow is Christmas tree day! I'm ready for that too. It only took me two tries to rearrange the living room in a comfortable and functional way. And I decorated the piano and bannister already.
It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: