Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Road Trip Recap

Yeah, I failed on the daily Georgia updates. Sorry.
So here's the recap...
Saturday: Mexican food for lunch. Yummy. Brief rest time in the lovely air conditioned hotel room before a pizza dinner with the folks. A walk through a blazing parking lot with a brief stop in a little shed thing that would make a perfect cabin at the creek, or a perfect office. Hanging around the hotel rooms talking and laughing and laughing. Picking up my uncle at a ridiculously late hour and going out for drinks. And getting back to the hotel at a ridiculously late hour.
Sunday: Pre-wedding luncheon. Good food. Good conversation. Back to the hotel to start getting ready for the wedding. Leave earlier than needed to make sure we knew the location of the wedding venue. Find that, then head down the street to a tiny historical town - starving and knowing we had hours before the reception food. Having empanadas at a very cool local Cuban restaurant. Off to the wedding - beautiful outdoor ceremony where we laughed and cried. Very pretty venue. Gorgeous cake. Fantastic food. Lots of laughing and dancing. (My uncle and I did the "walker dance"). Back to the hotel very late.
Monday: Up very early. Finished packing. Grabbed coffee from the hotel's breakfast buffet and checked out. Stopped for gas and hit the road. Return trip time: 12 hours. I drove some again and think I totally freaked my sister out. My foot had gone numb and we were getting off the highway during rush hour when I stalled her car and turned on the windshield wipers. (She says she wasn't stressed, but I could tell she was.) Finally make it home.
...and it's almost as hot here as it was in Georgia.
What is up with that?
I don't know if I'll have time to do a Tall Tale Tuesday post tonight. But I did take lots of potential pictures. We'll see.
Behave!

No comments: