Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2009

A New Month

Yeah, I'm going to say it...Holy Cow! It's August!!
What the heck?
Why is time going so blazing fast? Am I the only one who thinks this?
Just back from my monthly writing meeting. I love those people! And I really missed the ones who weren't there! There's really nothing else like being in a group of people who "get" you. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to continue to say it. If you're an author without a network, don't stay like that. Join a group, network online, do whatever you can to meet other authors. It's worth it.
What else?
I have finally gathered the required wardrobe items for the sister roadtrip to Georgia. Yay! Thanks to the generosity of Misty and her closet, I will now look presentable for the entire weekend. And without a huge outlay of cash, too. Sweet! That being taken care of helps ease the stress that's been kicking my butt lately. Now I just have to pack everything. I don't know when. Time is a huge issue this coming week. There's stuff every day and evening, and a funeral has just been added to the mix. I'm sure I'll figure it out...because, really, what choice do I have?
Anyway.
I arrived home and found my new business cards in the mail. Sweet. I'm digging them. They're really pretty - dark, but elegant. I'll be taking them along to the multi-author booksigning I'm participating in the weekend after I get back from Georgia. Details on that to follow.
And that's all I've got for you on this first day of August.
Behave!

No comments: