Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Survival: Year Three: Entry Three

Hiding has finally paid off!
Well, maybe it's not so much the hiding as the heat...The Weather Gods are punishing us for some unknown misbehavior, I think. It is like a volcano has been unleashed without the lava. We're cooking from the inside out.
The young natives don't seem to mind the heat as much as those of us with a few years scratched into our bones. It is my duty to make sure they are hydrated, sunscreened, and out of the sun during the hottest parts of the day. They do not like the constant reminders, but it is for their own good.
It has been a fantastic week for my "other" journal. I have made much progress on my personal files and writings. So much so that I am euphoric and determined about the work I've done. I love writing with a passion of a thousand million firey suns. Having the down time to actually concentrate on that has reminded me how deep my passion truly runs and I am grateful. And determined.
The heat can leave now though. Before we all melt into thick gooey puddles of ick! Please!
Behave!

No comments: