Pages

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Summer Survival: Year Three: Entry Four

The heat drags on and so does the bickering and mess...
Actually, it has not been that hot lately, but it is out there. In the atmosphere. Waiting to strike again. The natives feel it. They must. Why else would they constantly pick at each other when they know the risk of pushing me closer to the edge?
It has been a strange season in our campsite. It will get stranger when the oldest female native returns in a few hours. I must find a way to fortify myself for the chaos. Perhaps a trip to the adult beverage trading post is in order?
Stranger yet will be the return of the educational camps. Things will be very different as we are done with the elementary level camp. This year will be the first year in 17 years we have not had to take a native to its doors. It is strange and kind of cool. I am also not ready because I feel we have not fully enjoyed all summer has to offer. The next thing you know it will be the hated and feared holiday that robs us all of many shells and beads. 
Whoa, wait. Where was I?
Oh. Yes. Constant chaos. Or something like that.
They are coming.
Behave!

No comments: