Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Two Weeks!

This time in two weeks I will be posting from RETREAT!
I cannot even begin to describe how much I need my retreat! 3.5 days of nothing but me being an author! No kids to drag out of bed and then drag to school. No reminding kids to do homework, checking homework, arguing about homework. No day job. No puppy into everything. No cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, committee meetings...
Don't get me wrong, I love the above and I will miss my family while I'm gone. (well, except for the dragging, arguing, cleaning, shopping, laundry...) But having retreat time to focus on me is one of the things that keeps me going. It's so wonderful to be able to have no responsibilities except for writing. The facility cooks our meals, washes our dishes, and keeps us supplied with coffee and anything else we might need. They even bring us fresh towels and empty our garbage. How cool is that?
We've got a ton of awesome swag lined up and cool big prizes to win. Our game is planned. Our cocktail party is nearly planned with a great new twist this year - a signature cocktail! Whoot!
I'm in the process of taking care of the last minute details with our facility - assigning rooms, organizing the stuff folks need, etc. And I have a little bit of shopping to finish up for the group. And all of my stuff to take care of, but I have my lists!!
Before retreat, I get to spend a day in NYC with my girl seeing Cinderella on Broadway and riding in a bus with about 40 middle schoolers. I'm excited, but a little leery of that many teenagers at one time. Ha!
That is all for now!
Behave!

No comments: