Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

The Long Silence...

Sorry for that!

While we were on our weekend away, the winds took out the Internets. That Kid tried to fix while we were gone. I tried to fix when we got home. There was nothing for it. The best appointment I could get was for Saturday.

It was a long week without the InterWebs. The cable guy was awesome and fixed us up within two or so hours. He was hysterical, too. And he was impressed by our gratefulness. Ha! 

And we were supposed to have a "snowpocalypse" mid-week last week. That was disappointing... They cancelled K4's school, but only because the building the school is in closed. There was no snow. We were hoping for a crap ton, but it never happened. Dang it. We're about past the point for significant snowfall. Though it still could happen. Ha!

Anyway. Our weekend away was awesome! Just That Man and I! We grabbed one of the grocery store's premade dinners for Friday night, which was okay - not great, but okay. Watched a terrible movie that we could not shut off and swept up a bunch of flies.

Oh the flies... They were everywhere - very slowed down due to the cold, but a few kept crawling out of my pile as I swept. I probably threw an entire big dust pan full outside within the first twenty minutes of arrival. That was just downstairs. That Man was working on the heat and the stove so we would be warm and I was de-infesting the place. Upstairs wasn't much better. I shook out all of the bedding and swept another huge dust pan full. The upper floor is just an open space with one corner curtained off into a private sleeping space. As I shook out the sleeping bags, I realized there were probably a thousand flies on the curtains. Ew...

But as the heat emerged, they all went towards the warmth. That Man sucked them up with the vacuum cleaner and we were able to settle in to our relaxing weekend. Though when I woke up Saturday (super early, btw), he was vacuuming flies. We had some coffee, mimosas, watched the Lord of the Rings (all day). I wrote. We walked by the river, took a nap, took another walk, I wrote some more, and then went up to the food truck at the brewery less than a mile away for dinner. Take out. Awesome, awesome food. Talked to UB and Auntie Em for a while. Watched LoTR more. To bed early. Up way early again, but went back to bed. That was super nice.

When we got up again, we chilled with coffee and the extra discs from LoTR, eventually getting stuff packed and cleaned up. The best thing was that we were only about an hour away from home, so we weren't in a huge hurry to get things done. We were home in enough time to do laundry, unpack, more writing for me, and a nap.

It was an excellent weekend. I am very excited to go back there again! It's the perfect place and pretty much what I want in a cabin. And I will have a cabin someday! I'll show pictures soon.

The work week was brutal beyond brutal! We made it to the weekend and then went to the banquet with the sister, which was fun, though I lost some of my family when it was time to say goodbye. We won a 50" TV which is now in my living room. Awesome. We had a blast.

It was super late when we got home, and I forgot to turn my alarm clock ahead. But then we got the awesome big tv hooked up and moved the downstairs tv to our room. Awesome! Sunday was basically doing whatever and ignoring the fatigue.

Ha! Time Change sucks!

That is all for now! I will continue to catch up through the week!

Behave!


No comments: