Pages

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Horoscopes

I try to check my horoscope every day but it's not a big deal if I don't. I think it's fun and sometimes spooky - especially if I don't check until the end of the day and can see the parallels between what's predicted and what really happened. Actually, I prefer to check at the end of the day. That way I don't have any preconceived notions about what my day should be like.

So, this morning I checked my monthly horoscope on a site I keep forgetting about. It predicted great things for October and even greater things for November. (And, if I can add, what this great one said was not really in sync with the one I normally check) I would love for all of this greatness to mean something awesome for my writing career.

That's what made me think...Life is complicated. Life is layers of family, finances, hopes, dreams, careers, hobbies, friends, ect...So whatever good news is supposed to come my way these next two months might not mean a thing for my writing career. I want it to - doesn't that count?

The thing is, reading what I read this morning did more than just make me think. (I said I like to check in the evening, not that I always do) The predictions gave me hope - hope that the projects I do have out there will bring more than a rejection, hope that the project I plan to send as soon as possible will bring good news - you know what I mean...I think that's the important thing. Because no matter what the stars say, in the end what happens is directly related to my efforts, my attitude, and my belief that it will happen. Nothing good is ever going to happen if I give up, if I don't send material out, if I don't do everything I can to put myself out there as professionally and seriously as possible, and if I stop believing in myself and in my dream.

In the end, all the predictions in the world won't matter if we're content to just sit around and wait for good things to come our way. Just my opinion, mind you.

1 comment:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Hear, hear, Vicki! Great post.