Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Romance Through The Years

I love a good romance.
Which is probably obvious since I write happy endings.

This past weekend my in-laws renewed their wedding vows in honor of their 50th anniversary. Their actual anniversary was about 2 weeks ago, but my father-in-law was in the hospital at that time so the celebration had to be delayed. Now, my father-in-law is wheelchair bound due to a massive stroke 11 years ago. The stroke did affect his brain and occasionally, he's not quite aware of what's really going on around him.

But he always knows the love of his life. After 50 years spent together, the love in their eyes was incredible to witness. The wedding pictures from their youth were not much different from the photographs taken Sunday. Sure, age factored in, but the expression of devotion and love was the same. Unchanged by 50 years of dealing with the world.

That's awesome. And awe-inspiring.

I'm not hiring update: The amount of calls I've received is pushing 70 now. The frustration level has skyrocketed. My phone just will not stop ringing and the ignorance of people is truly amazing. Not only are the same people who called on Monday calling back, but now I'm getting messages. My voice mail clearly states that I have nothing to do with the ad in the paper and that they should check the current edition for the correct number. And still...Still I get a message. A message stating that they realize they had the wrong number but they were really interested in the job and could I please help them find the right number. Umm...what?

No comments: