Pages

Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday

I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm back on the "Monday Sucks" train. I don't know if it's having to get up early to get the aliens that live here with me off to school, the total mush that's always my brain come Monday morning, or a combination of the above and other factors that all rush in and say..."Hey, I'm Monday. Don't ya just love me?" Well, no, Monday, I don't love you. I love you in the summer when we can sleep in and do our thing without having to be here or there or anywhere. Heck, I even love you in summer when we do have places to go and things to do. Winter is different somehow. And, as of right now, Monday is on the black list. So there, Monday, take that. You don't get love unless you give it. Ha!
So, today was a beautiful day. It hit 60* here. Nearly all of the snow is melted away. There are a few patches here and there, and of course the huge piles made by huge plows are still out there, but it's kinda looking like spring. I highly doubt we've seen the end of snow though.
I was out today and came upon a hutch and sideboard with a huge sign that said "free". I called B and sent him over with a trailer and a friend. I'm now the proud owner of someone else's trash. And I have no idea where I'm going to put it. The dining room is kinda full and needs to be completely gutted anyway and now I have more stuff to put in it? I'm surprised B actually agreed to haul it home. He just looks at me like I'm an insane person. Oh, and the stuff is like circa 1970 - not hideous, but not pretty either. I mentioned painting it and got a glare from B. Well, it doesn't match my table, so yeah, I want to either paint it or restain it. Which will take time I don't have right now. So...yeah. I have no idea.
And I think that's enough rambling for right now.
Behave!

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Mondays are the offical pits of the universe. And I had to face about 160 students over the coarse of the day and then come home and have a birthday celebration.
I'm not a big fan of Tuesday either.

Victoria said...

Ugh, Sue!
I don't mind Tuesday so much -- Wednesday is actually worse than Monday around here. Urgh.