Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Back Home & Father's Day

I got home around 11-ish. Didn't get much writing done this morning, but that's typical for me on the last day of retreat. 

After unloading, I hit the grocery store. That Man wanted fried chicken for dinner. I went to the store and grabbed some of theirs, which is really good. Stuck it in the fridge until time for dinner. (Put it in the oven. Made mashed potatoes, gravy, and cole slaw) Did laundry. K3 and A came over for a while and we had a good time talking and hanging out with them. 

That Man talked to K5. She was on her way home from Harry Potter World and filled him in on all of her adventures, including holding a crocodile and riding in a pontoon boat. She's a hoot! 

My huge surprise when I got home was a contract for the book I sent Friday night. Awesome! I love this book so much and I'm so happy my editor was happy to receive it. I also got my galleys for Cursed Fate! Coming Soon! Yay! 

So it is Father's Day. I appreciate my husband so much. He's an awesome father even though our kids are grown. His interactions with our spawn always make me laugh. And they call him for advice and stuff all of the time. I love that. 

I also appreciate all of the dads in my life - my brother, brother's-in-laws, uncles, friends, nephews, nephews-in-laws. 

I miss my dad. It's been six Father's Day since he was here. Almost seven years since he's been gone. I miss him. A lot. He would get a kick out of his great grandkids and what his grandkids are up to these days. He was always so proud of them. That Man's dad has been gone around ten years? And he would also have loved to see what his grandkid and great grandkids are up to. 

This week is crazy! Next week is too! 

Behave!

No comments: