Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Retreat! Last Night!

It's the last night of retreat! 

It's been an amazing time! It's been too long since I've been with these creative brains and awesome people. We have laughed, talked, brainstormed, argued a little (about dumb stuff), and supported each other. 

I made a pretty damned good dinner. Chicken stir fry with egg rolls. Of course, I made enough to feed all of us despite the fact that I was the only one eating it. Yes, I offered it around, but it appears I'm the only one with my tastes. Ha! I will take it home as leftovers for lunch this week. That's what we do here though. We all take care of our own meals. If you want to cook, you cook. If you want to make a frozen dinner, then do it. If you just want to snack, then go for it. The only meal we do together is the first night and that's nachos. We all bring an ingredient, but we all make our own. It works. 

There was napping today, which was beautiful. And rain. Also beautiful as we sat at the table on the porch listening to it. It's very quiet here. There was also brainstorming and a major good start on my new story. I'll get back to it in a few. 

Tomorrow is Father's Day. That Man is currently enjoying being home all by himself, which is something that rarely happens for him. I'll head home mid-morning and then will take care of dinner. 

I don't think I'll get to do another retreat until after the first of the year, but we'll see. There's a lot going on the rest of the year and a lot of expenses, so I won't know until we get closer. 

That is all. 

Behave! 




No comments: