Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Off to Retreat!

So I went back to the office this week... The official return day is Monday, but since I'm off starting tomorrow after lunch and since I am covering for accounts receivable, I felt like I needed to get back this week. 

That's a mixed bag of feelings right there. I mean, it's nice to have the space and the organization, and to have that schedule. But it's also so very different. I've been home since last March, so I've gotten used to being able to do laundry, do little cleaning things, start dinner as soon as my work day is done and pet my puppy anytime I want. But I will adjust. I think I'm already adjusting okay. 

Tomorrow I head out to retreat with my writing pals! I haven't seen them since January, except for seeing one of them once or twice. We do talk everyday, so there's that. I need this retreat so very much! I am deep in edits for a book that I need to send to my editor asap, and I need to get my Sector Two groove on. And I need the time! The time to be an author and nothing else! 

Last weekend we went to a Jeep festival. We had an absolute blast! Trail rides, volunteering, hanging with Jeep people. It was so much fun. I took a women's only course and learned a whole lot about off roading and gained a lot of confidence. I did rocks, tires, mud, and huge hills. More than once! I also did trails other than that, and it was so much fun. Volunteering was fun. We met a lot of great people and even though we had no idea how to play poker, it was a blast. We also had a blast just hanging out with each other. We ate out, hung out at our hotel, and generally just had a really super nice time. It was nice to be away and be together. 

So I should be posting during retreat! And hopefully I will adjust to being back in the office and regain a new schedule for writing and posting so it's not so very long in between blogs! 

Behave! 

No comments: