Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Research

My edits and synopsis are done!
Now I'm researching possible information for my new book. That doesn't seem like it should be a pain, but it is. As of right now, I have 3 pages of notes - typed - and a bunch of stuff I found on the 'net. And I'm still not sure exactly what is driving my characters. I guess I wouldn't get so frustrated with the research, if there wasn't so much nonsensical information to wade through before finding what I'm looking for.
For example: I'm researching Norse mythology. Who knew all the mythology references in the gaming world? I google searched my key words, and 99% of the hits were all related to gaming.
Kind of frustrating, but yet, my brain is working overtime with the information I did manage to absorb. Now I have to figure out the rest of the why's and the how's and I think I'm good to go.
The direction I'm going is a little different than what I intended, but I'm happy. It makes sense to me. And if I do my job right, it'll make sense to you too.
Hopefully new writing will come shortly and the word meter will start to move again.

No comments: