Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

Winter is Back

Saturday it was almost 70* here. We had the back door open, did car maintenance and took a walk - without a coat. The kids played outside and though we knew the feeling was totally false, that sense that you get when spring comes filled us. We talked about outside projects, gardening and different things that will need done once warmer weather comes for good. Even Sunday's temps weren't too bad. But it looks like the winds have changed. I'm freezing. There's even a little tiny bit of snow in the forecast. I like the snow part, hate the cold. I'm a firm believer that if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow. Anyway...

If you haven't noticed my word meter on the side there, I started a new project. I can't tell you much about it, mainly because I'm not entirely sure what the book is about besides some spooky stuff. Feels good to write something new again. The last 2 months have been spent mainly editing and revising, and trying to get through the holidays. Which was part of my plan and completely necessary, but I still couldn't wait to get to this point.

I did have a few brief moments of anxiety when trying to decide what to work on. When I was trying to come up with my writing goals for 2007 (and yes, I did come up with a logical plan), I went through my idea file. Nothing jumped out at me. Then that title you see there came to mind, along with a very sad back story. For about an hour, I had nothing but "chapter one" written, but then the words came. And hopefully they'll come back this afternoon when I can put my full attention back on my own writing.

I hope you're warm where you are.

No comments: