Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

Birthday Shindigs and Other Stuff...


K1's birthday party turned out very well. If you would have asked for my prediction a half hour before the party started, I probably would have broken down in tears, or cuss words.
Let's put it this way: Thanks to an incredibly full schedule, lots of obligations, taxi driving and 4 different schedules...running late doesn't even begin to describe the day.
At 4pm on Saturday, two hours before party start time, I was still at the store buying supplies and gifts. An hour before the party, I was running around here like a mad woman, trying to sweep the half-ton of stone dust off the floors from B running the tamper-thingy on the stone layer under the bricks. I had no food prepared, grocery bags covered the kitchen, the yard was still a mess (Thanks to the patio/sidewalk repair issues, B didn't get to mow the grass until a half hour before guests were due to arrive). It was crazy!
But, thanks to friends, K1's and ours, we somehow managed to get everything done, cleaned up and situated before the guests arrived.
The party went well. Lots of food, music and laughing. In the picture, K1 is holding one of his gifts - a cookbook. That was a very funny thing. He's having a blast being an "adult".
I'm the one with the pangs of nostalgia and sadness. Where is the little boy who used to grab my face with his chubby hands and give me sloppy, sticky kisses? What happened to hot wheel races through the dining room? Where is the boy who had that same cookbook when he was little? When did my baby turn into a man? How did that happen? Our family is changing, but that's not a bad thing. We'll adjust and adapt and look at the future as an adventure, just like we always have.
3 1/2 days of school left.
The past two weekends have given me hope that's this is going to be a great summer!
Behave!

No comments: