Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Non-routine and Challenges

It's week three of summer vacation and it feels like we've been doing this for months instead of a handful of days. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining. At all. I'm just saying that we slipped into our non-routine rather quickly. And I mean that non-routine in pretty much every area of life. The only thing that's consistent around here is sleeping in. Ha. I'm not sure that's a bad thing. No one's complaining they're bored. Yet. Things are about to get interesting around here with the onset of K2's camp counselor gig and July will surely shake things up with all that's going on.
Motivation has been a huge topic of discussion with my writing friends. We're all facing the same issues right now, but we're working on a solution to keep each other in check. A friendly challenge that'll start after the July holiday. I'm gearing up to begin our challenge with guns blazing and am setting my goals pretty high because I'm sick of feeling stagnant and backwards.
It's true I've always wanted a more relaxed writing schedule over the summer months. It's also true that I never seem to manage that, so I'm just going to go with the flow and do what I can without stressing too much. Granted the workload is self imposed since I'm not under any kind of deadline but my own, but I'm never going to have that deadline if I don't write, so there you have it. I am at a better place this year, or maybe it's just that my household is growing up and things have shifted as far as what's required of me.
We're slowly getting our duckies lined up around here, of course, by the time that happens we'll have to start thinking about the start of school. I think that's just life though.
What are you going to do?
Behave!

No comments: