I'm done with not feeling good. At this point, my house looks like a bomb went off (and not because no one's helping out, but because everyone is busy and busy picking up my extraneous stuff, too.) I did manage to put dinner in the crockpot, but have been on the couch pretty much all day. And alone with my thoughts...
1. The good news is my brain isn't permanently damaged as I'd feared. I woke at 3am yesterday (and again today) with the oddest dream I've had in a very long time. It could be a story idea, or just a theme. I don't know, but when I say it was odd, I mean that wholeheartedly. It took me a while to figure out what had happened, which is no wonder considering I was shivering to death - so then, I alternated between the elation of knowing my brain still functions and the misery of my germ-invaded self.
2. Even though my brain isn't really damaged, I have no idea what I'm working on next. I kind of do. Kind of. But I'm not sure.
3. I didn't realize it's election time again. Some dude rang my doorbell earlier, totally disturbing me. It's also very disconcerting that he called me by name. I know. I just know, but that doesn't make me feel any less disturbed. Though, I'm sure much of it has to do with the book I just finished writing.
4. Daytime T.V. sucks. I was pleased to find Dark Angel on all day, but by the time it ended, I figured out why it wasn't picked up for a third season. Don't get me wrong. I love the premise and the acting definitely got better over time, but the whole Max and Logan drag-it-out-and-make-me-want-to-punch-both-of-them-and-we-should-see-other-people-because-I-don't-want-to-kill-you-thing? Not working for me. At all.
Now I'm stuck watching the Food channel, which is fine except I'm hungry. And this guy is making fish tacos, which sound really good (much better than when I tried to make them).
5. I hate the sound of our house phone ringing. No one calls us on it except for telemarketers. And they only call when I'm trying to sleep.
6. My cat meows a lot. He spent about an hour straight just walking around meowing in that help-me-my-food-dish-is-down-a-fraction-of-a-centimeter-way. He meowed outside the bathroom door until I came out, and then followed me back down the stairs and I'd already filled his dishes. Weird cat.
7. Sinus headaches suck.
8. My ceiling needs painted.
9. The living room curtains need to be washed.
So there you have it. A small, scary glimpse into my hurting head.