Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Doing Stuff...

So last night we went to a hockey game.
My sister's boss gave her tickets and our seats were right on the ice near the goal. It was a great place to sit. We got to see lots of players smashing up against the glass. And pucks. Twice the puck came into the audience. It hit a lady the first time and broke her glasses. The second time some guy caught it before it would have smashed into his date's face. Exciting stuff. I don't normally follow hockey. I think it's impossible to watch on television. Being at a game is totally different - you're a fan and that's all there is to it.
There were many fights, including a pretty big one at the very end of the game. I thought the last one went a little too far and don't know why the refs let it go for so long. I'm not even sure what started it, but then I'm not sure what started any of the fights. I'm not sure why they break up some and let others go.
It was good to get out with other adults and be silly. We had a blast.
Then came home to a sick kid. Running a fever and coughing up a storm. Looks like a trip to the doctor is in the forecast. Her ear hurts, too. Poor baby. Today's going to be a low key, chicken soup kind of day. It snowed a little last night - not enough to get excited about, but enough to kick in my hermit-ness. And, The Lord of the Rings is on tv. That's a beautiful thing.
Behave!

No comments: