Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Waiting...

Those of you who know me know I'm not a patient waiter. I want things to happen now, and if they don't, well, it's frustrating. Usually I do okay with the whole waiting game. The publishing business is heavy on the wait. I've learned to live with that. Maybe not always silently, or happily, but I know it's just the way things are.
That's not what I'm talking about...
I'm talking about waiting in general. As of right now, I feel like I'm just...waiting. There's this air of expectancy and resolution around me, but I'm not really waiting for much. I feel like I should be though and I'm not sure what it means. It happens on occasion and it scares me a little, because usually when I feel like this something bad happens. The hopeful waiting vibe is crushed like a little bug on the sidewalk.
Anyway.
While trying to figure this anomaly out, I started thinking about what kind of waiting drives me the craziest. Here's the short list:
1. Waiting for service calls. You know which ones I mean - "We'll be out between eight and noon." and then they show up at eleven-fifty-five and you've wasted all of that time waiting, too afraid to even go to the bathroom for fear they'll knock on the door as soon as you drop your drawers.
2. Waiting in line while the people who are supposed to be doing whatever they're getting paid to do discuss their private lives and forget there are paying customers there.
3. Waiting for people to get ready to go somewhere after they've fooled around during the time they should have been getting ready, and now you're going to be late.
4. Waiting for bad service, which kind of goes with number two, but not really.
5. Those long hours between now and when you're leaving to go someplace fun.
I might have more, but I'm dealing with a nasty headache that hasn't responded to any attempt at kicking it.
So what kind of wait drives you crazy?
Behave!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting for people to call me back or respond to an email drives me crazy.

waiting to collect yocoins in yoville drives me crazy.

Victoria said...

Depends on what the call's about. But yeah, that drives me nuts too.

LOL on yocoins.

Ava Quinn said...

Waiting for small pokey people to brush their teeth so I can put them to bed!
M3

Victoria said...

Yes, that's a good one, M3!! And waiting for them to settle in enough so you can relax!!