Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whoot!

Edits are done!
I'm kind of stunned. And kind of worried that I've fried myself.
I've been working on this book for a long, long time. Finished it last summer. Let it sit for a few weeks. Started edits, realized over the last half of the book was pure crap. Cut it, rewrote. Finished again. Let it sit for about a month, then started edits again. Yeah, I've done other stuff as well, but the book has been in the back of my mind for what seems like forever.
To say this book has kicked my butt is an understatement. I still really like it. I know I'll have at least one more round of edits to do once I get it back from my last readers. That's okay. I'll be glad to get the comments back.
So...now I'm faced with what to write next. (this is where the fried part comes in). I'm not pushing my brain too hard, but my monthly goal was to write 10 pages on something new and I have a little over a week before the meeting. I have a few options already, but nothing's sticking yet. I'll be taking a short break while my cells heal and rejuvenate. And I'll be trying not to think to hard. Most of my ideas just pop in when I'm least expecting them.
Have to remember that.
Behave!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think u should write my story. :o) It's a romance! lol

Victoria said...

I don't think I'm qualified to write your story! LOL
Write it yourself!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm sure you ARE fried. You've been working really, really hard on this. And you need some time to refill the creative well.

Victoria said...

Yeah, I know. I don't think being done has soaked in yet.
I just can't shake the fear that I've permanently damaged my brain!
I know I haven't, and that I just need to refill. I keep reminding myself that!

Ava Quinn said...

Wahoooooo!!!! Edits are done!!!!! Take some time to celebrate that while you're healing. That's awesome news.
M3

Victoria said...

It still hasn't soaked in yet! I hope it does soon!!