Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Three Strikes, Making Progress, and Stupid Things I Do...

Remember when I posted about the rude clerk on her cell phone? I stopped there today to get gas and let's just say I'll never stop there again. First, they charge ten cents a gallon more if you use a card. Really? No one does that anymore. Second, the rude clerk. Third, and this one is totally on me - I had some kind of brain moment or something and couldn't seem to get my truck parked on the proper side to actually put fuel into it. And, of course, the place was packed so everyone inside saw my shame. The first two things are enough to cause me to never go back there. The third is just icing on the cake. (Number three also ties into the last part of this post...)
***
I'm doing well with my edits. I finished one pass last night and must go back for a major one before I read through it one more time and send to my trusty crit partners. While doing these edits I alternate between absolute love for the story and feeling like I suck something nasty. It's exhausting. The eye strain I've been dealing with this week does not help. At all. If my eye isn't twitching, then I feel blind, and I have a headache. Yes, I know the logical thing to do would be to take a break and give my eyes a chance to rest, but I must get this done. Must. There is only a little over two weeks before my next meeting and I made my goal rather steep this month. So...no break for me.
***
Stupid things I do...I know the only reason you're still reading is because you had to know what I have done.
The gas thing is one of them. I felt about two inches tall. I've been driving my truck and putting gas in for something like ten years now!
I was using the blender and instead of shutting it off to add more ingredients, I let it run. As a result, I am now sticky and smell like pineapples. The truly sad thing is that there is no liquor involved.
This morning I found an empty water jug in the fridge. Totally me since I was the last one to go to bed and had filled my water glass right before I went up.
I took that man I live with's vitamin by mistake. No harm done, and hey, my prostate feels great.
Usually I write the bills out Thursday or Friday and mail them the day after. Except this week. I forgot to stick them in the mail. They're still sitting beside the printer. Must remember to put them in the mail tomorrow.
Okay...that's enough stupid me. And yes, everything happened this week. I don't know. It's really been a weird week so far and it's only Wednesday! Yikes!
That is all.
Behave!

No comments: