Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Oy! This Computer!

I fear we've begun the final stages of life...

I've only had this thing going on two years and honestly, compared to previous computers, I definitely am not on this one as much. Not like I was when I didn't work the day job. Heck, Red lasted for like seven years or something and the one before was awesome until I spilled coffee all over it.

I don't know if this is just a "cheap" computer, or what... The casing is cracked somewhere, too. I can't figure out how that happened - it's not like I throw it around or take it anywhere without it's special case.

I was working earlier and it just went blue screen on me, shut off, restarted, and here we are again.

There are updates to be installed, but I'm afraid to do it - just in case it further crashes it.

Ugh!

But I guess I could dump coffee on it, or drop it, and that would make it die as well. So, I'll just stick it out, make sure I back up frequently and keep my fingers crossed. (and search for a replacement when the time comes)

On top of this, though, I updated my phone and now most of my apps won't download because I'm out of memory. I've deleted as many pictures as I can stand to, dumped voice mails, texts, gotten rid of unused and underused apps and it's still not moving forward. It's pretty frustrating because, of course, the apps I do use daily are the ones that aren't refreshing. Argh.

Apparently, Mercury is in retrograde, which explains a lot. And it's the last Tuesday in March, so that should explain some, too? Ha!

I don't know...

Behave!

*Updated - right after I posted this, I got the blue screen of death. I managed to get it back, but who knows for how long. I was, actually, surprised that I was able to get it going again. But now I know it's only a matter of time...

No comments: