Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Weekend Wrap up...

I don't know how both of my visiting author posts came on the same day. That wasn't how that was supposed to work, but...

Anyway...

Friday night That Man's brother was here. He's in from California for a visit. He's staying with That Man's sister, but came to hang with us Friday night. He cooked some awesome curry chicken and we hung out for a while.

Later that night, Mr. B got sick. He puked everywhere and was so pathetic and miserable. We were up until almost two with him, and then That Man was up with him early in the morning.

That Man and I went to do the grocery shopping. Then back here to get ready to go to my sister's for the banquet for the ducks that she's involved in. She takes a pair of siblings every year since our folks passed. This year was our turn. We had a great time. My brother came, too. We won a picnic basket, had some good food, drinks, and tried to win other cool stuff. It was fun to hang out with everyone and be a part of the thing. They have "Tom's Bar", which is a shout out to my sister's fiance who passed away and was really involved in this event. That was cool. We were home at a halfway decent time, which I didn't expect.

Today - well, we lost an hour of sleep - but I still slept in as much as I could. Had to get up with the furnace since it went out overnight and That Man had to restart it this morning. But K4 and I did our usual Sunday "stupid television" watching. We made some food, did some laundry... I finished up my short and sent it back for final line edits and prep for publication.

We're prepping for a winter storm now. I'm very excited! I hope it's going to be what they're saying and more! But since we fired up the snow blower, pulled out the shovels, cleaned up the yard, and prepped the vehicles, it probably won't do a darn thing.

We shall see...

Behave!

No comments: