Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Feel Good Friday - The Saturday Edition

I'm a day late, but, to be honest, it was worth it.

Last night That Man and I went on a "date night". We haven't had one of those since probably early June, if not before that. Yeah, we went to Missouri just the two of us, which was awesome, but except for the drive (when one of us was usually sleeping), and the few meals we stopped for, we were "visiting" and didn't really have one on one time. I don't even know why I'm justifying that - that was at the beginning of July and it's September, FFS.

Anyway, we had a good time just the two of us, despite it all. Went to one of our favorite restaurants, but our experience was less than awesome. I actually did email them, because I couldn't stop thinking about what happened and the look on That Man's face as he tried to eat. I don't know if they'll answer. It doesn't really matter - I just wanted to let them know because, in our experience with them, our evening was unacceptable. We had great conversation, which was much needed. That was the best part.

Slept in a tiny bit this morning, but was awakened by Mr. B - excited to be home and excited about his new bedroom. We hung out and laughed a bunch. Then, helped him get his stuff situated into his room. Did some laundry. Caught up on email. Played with the Fire TV stick.

Then, I did something just for me. I took off in the Jeep. With the top down. Got myself a little lunch. Played music super loud. Then, went to Misty and Donna's book signing and hung out. It was awesome to be among friends, and in a bookstore. I stayed far longer than I'd expected. Bought the books, had them signed, and enjoyed my friends. Then, I did some running around - Super Store for a new mouse for K4 (which was lost at school), then grocery shopping (saved like $32.00 in coupons). Yeah, exciting, but I was by myself, in my Jeep with the top down. I didn't mind one bit. One of the best parts was driving on the highway and looking up at the clear blue sky and the white puffy clouds overhead. It's probably the first time I've smiled when I've been by myself in ages. And I sang in the car (sorry fellow travelers).

When I got home, I put away groceries, K4 and I started catching up on one of the shows we enjoy watching together, and then That Man came home after working and helping K3 with his car. I made dinner, switched laundry, hugged my boy when he stopped by to have his dad try to figure out why his car is making a noise, and now we're here. We're actually watching "The Incredibles" with no grandson, so yeah, we're lame and stuff. (It's a great movie, though)

Tomorrow I have to get serious on this cleaning business stuff. Seriously. The vacuum needs to be run in a most vital way. Laundry needs to be folded, my room is a wreck. And the dining room needs to be cleaned. Oy!

That is all.

Behave!

No comments: