Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

Ugh! I hate to see a good weekend end!

Let's see the last time I posted was Wednesday. Thursday was pretty much the same as Wednesday. Friday was okay because it was Friday. K4 went to a football game in another town, which was great and she had a blast, but we worried because it was a pretty good drive and there usually end up being a lot of fights at this particular school. And there was. But she was not involved. She watched the game, took her friend home, and came home well before driving curfew.

That Man and I ran to the store Friday night, but didn't do any real shopping. We should have gone out to dinner, but I felt like crap - headache, ear pain, and something wonky going on with my voice. I laid on the couch pretty much all evening with a warm compress on my ear. It still hurts a little, but it's a lot better.

Slept in a little Saturday and then got up and took care of a bunch of stuff. We prepped the furnace for winter, cleared out the garden, cleaned two cars, cleaned the house, blah, blah, blah. Then took off to my sister's to help them with their fishing stuff. They're leaving for the beach next weekend and we're so very sad we can't go, too! But we were nice people and helped get everything ready, even though we were crying. Ha! My sister made awesome chili and we hung out and relaxed.

Today was K4 and I's usual weird television watching and commentary, running around with Mr. B, seeing That Man's mom and sister, grocery shopping for real (with a four-year old who had his own little cart - always interesting and expensive), and then home to do laundry and make dinner. That Man and I managed to get a walk in, which is always looked forward to, unless he makes me walk up hills (which he did). He made an awesome dinner that included homemade sauce from our garden tomatoes.

I'm less than 2,500 words away from my writing goal this month. That that will happen. Next month I need to edit my Second Sentence story and get it out for critique. That should be hitting Amazon as soon as we're all done with the editing process.

And now tomorrow it's back to the grind... K4 has yet another mouth surgery on Tuesday. That Man is taking care of this one since he has more time off available than I do right now. I wish I could be there, but it is what it is.

That is all.

Behave!

No comments: