Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

College Prep... OY!

In 48 hours, the kid will be delivered to college.

In the meantime, this house is like chaos incarnate!

My dining room table is filled with all sorts of things - boots, tools, a tool box, more tools - more tools than you can imagine. Seriously... Bathroom items, book bags, socks, socks, (yes, different socks) underwear, binders, notebooks, ramen, mac and cheese, granola bars... you get the picture.

I've had to open a vein to purchase all of the items. Like I said previously, we've only known she was going for about a month, so we didn't have a lot of time. But we pulled it off. (I think and hope) She still has some stuff to get, but she has her list and her cash, so I'm good there.

We did a camping trip this past weekend because she wanted to and even though we had all of this stuff to do, we let her make the plans and had a great, relaxing time... just us. On Sunday, we came home to find her room filled with fleas. We knew the kitten had them. We were battling them - bathing him, vacuuming like crazy people, but she must have had a hatch or something in her room. A ton of vacuuming and bedding washing later (don't believe all of the bedding has been washed yet. I'm not freaking super woman here. Ha! It's getting there though), and...ta da... we suddenly found ourselves farther ahead of the game than we thought we'd be. Her room is clean and the laundry sorted. We were sweaty, cranky, and exhausted, but finally went to bed feeling good about our progress! The kitten has been vet treated for the fleas, and all of the other animals are too, so we should be good there.

Our little boy is over two pounds now. He's still a demon, but he's hysterical and he can be super loving and affectionate. He cracks us up daily.

And her room will be my office very soon. (No, we're not kicking her out. She's moving rooms) Yay for having an office!! I've been waiting for this for a super long time.

I have big news that relates to the needing of an office, which I will share as soon as I can.

Other than that...That Man and I are suddenly facing being Empty Nesters and I can't say we're sad about that. Yes, we will miss K4. A lot. But this will be the first time in about thirty years that we'll be on our own... Weird. But awesome! It will definitely take us some time to adjust, but I think we're up for the challenge.

Oh. And as soon as this week is over, the writing is on! I have books to write! Whoot!

That is all!

Behave!

No comments: