Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

First Weekend Empty

We dropped the kid off at college on Thursday.

That was very bittersweet. Of course, we're going to miss her (we already do), but we're so excited for this next chapter in her life. She's already doing awesome. Taking care of stuff, making friends, getting organized.

Friday night we went over to K1 & J's for the baby gender reveal. They got pizza and we hung out and laughed and talked. They are having another boy. K2 is having another girl. It's all awesome the whole way around!

Yesterday That Man and I hung out all day. We felt like we were on vacation, or at the cabin or something. Just the two of us doing whatever we wanted - which happened to include weed pulling and housework, but whatever. We hit the grocery store, auto parts store (K4's car started acting up on Monday before she left. She and That Man had to switch cars until he can figure out what's wrong with hers), and had an awesome dinner of grilled steaks and veggies.

Today we've been pretty much home all day. Ran out to the grocery store because we forgot we were supposed to make dinner for a friend who just had surgery. That Man worked on K4's car. I'm working on laundry. We made the dinner and put tomorrow's dinner in the crock pot bowl to be started in the morning. It's been raining all afternoon, which gleefully prevents more weed pulling. I don't think my back can take anymore!

So... the news I commented on in my last post is that I just signed another book contract! The book has to be re-titled, but I am so excited!! I absolutely love this book and am so happy it's getting out into the world. And I'm so happy to get back into writing and my "real" career!

That is all for now. I'm off to work on a new title for my new book!

Behave!

No comments: