Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2018

What Else Has Been Going On?

Oh geeze! More than I will probably remember... Here's a list.

1. College prep. Oy! She's only been accepted for about a month - which cuts our time and cash short for getting her all of the things she needs. We're still working on tools. We had a very generous gift from one of my co-workers, which helped. And my uncle sent home some tools, which also helped. But we have many more to get. Books - Oy! The bill stacks up. And how. We still have dorm stuff to get. And supplies. And guess what? She leaves next Thursday. To say I'm stressing a little is an understatement.

2. Our dog got sprayed by a skunk last week. It still stinks in here. She's blocked from the upstairs and our beds. She doesn't understand why no one wants to be near her. Poor baby. And yes, we've tried all of the stuff. The skunk sprayed her in her eyes and nose, so that's a tough one. From what I understand, it'll be a few more weeks.

3. My oldest niece is expecting! Woo Hoo! We are all so excited. My brother is beside himself. He's going to be PopPop, which is freaking awesome! My sister-in-law said she got the best birthday present ever! And she did! By the end of February, we will have three new babies in the family, which is just what this family needs.

4. Oh yeah... Did I tell you that? I'm going to be a grandma again. Twice. In December. Within five days of each other. K2 knows what she's having but hasn't told yet and J will find out soon. Whoot!

5. K1 and family have moved on to their own place. I don't think I ever officially stated that they were living here. But they were. Since January. K1 and B lived here the entire year before. (they worked things out. Things are good.) Anyway. They first moved in as "temporary" and then bad thing after bad thing kept happening and it turned into seven plus months. It's quiet now. Just That Man, K4, and I... Things are different. I'm excited to be a grandparent again and not a "co-parent". And it's about to get even quieter and different-er when K4 goes to school. That Man and I have not been by ourselves for twenty-nine plus years. It's already different to cook for just three as opposed to six. That's going to take me a very long time to get used to.

6. Our kitten is officially weaned and using the litter box like a champ. He is still the devil incarnate, but he has his sweet moments. Granted, those are few and far between and the scratches on my legs and hands will attest to that. But he's always happy to see us when we get home from work or get up in the morning.

7. Writing again. Well, no. I haven't officially written anything in a few weeks, but my brain is turning. I decided to stop working on the story I have been struggling with because it's just not working. It took me a long time to come to that realization. I'm working on the Third Sentence anthology story, too, and I know I will be starting over on that one, too. That's just not working out. But my head is in the right place now, so I'm excited.

And... My brain is done. I'm sure there's more that I can't remember on a Tuesday night after two crazy days at the day job and a lot of insanity at the homestead.

Behave!

No comments: