Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday the Last

Last day of August!

It's no longer 200 degrees outside. Yay! Except now it's raining and I have places to go and a Jeep with the top down. Yeah, I could put it up, but that's a pain. I'd rather wait until the rain stops.

I took a vacation day today. I needed a break from the daily grind of work. Yes, it's been that insane. It was either take today off or start a series of small fires on my desk. Ha! (I am just joking!) Besides my reps were all off today and all of my work was caught up, so it made sense. Plus. I needed it badly!

So far I have made important phone calls, scheduled appointments, paid bills, organized my desk, updated the calendar, taken care of estate stuff, laundry, and organized stuff for this weekend. And it's not quite 10:30! Ha!

I will tell you that trying to pay bills and do computer work with the kitten is next to impossible! I have a new series of scratches on my hands and have to constantly remove the little beast from my keyboard! He stole my mouse at one point and didn't want to give it back. He's lucky he's so stinking cute.

K4 is coming home this weekend for the holiday break. I think she's had a mostly good week, except for the puking. On Wednesday she texted me and said most of the dorm was puking now. Ugh. Hopefully she'll be able to take her own car back to school. That Man needs to do one more thing to it and then she should be good. I'm not sure when she'll come home again and neither is she, but that's okay. She's been doing her thing at school and that's awesome!

Being empty nesters is pretty awesome! It's quiet. There are no random dishes left behind on tables or the floor or wherever. The laundry load has decreased significantly, especially towels. I would like to say things stay where they're put, but that's not necessarily true with the kitten. He likes to take things and make them his own. We're still getting the hang of it though. It's only been two weeks, so we don't have our routine yet and we haven't had the opportunity to even think about socializing much.

Well... since it's raining and I had to change my plans, I'm going to get some writing in.

Have an awesome holiday weekend!

Behave!

No comments: