Pages

Saturday, November 02, 2019

Feel Good Friday on Saturday...

Hello, Weekend! You're my favorite!

It was a long and rough week, but some good stuff happened.

1. Lunch with HR yesterday. We had a blast - laughed and talked about our families. The topic of me leaving wasn't really brought up. I think that's because the other senior person in my department joined us. I'm sure I will be having an "exit interview" before next Wednesday.

2. Dinner out with That Man and K4 last night. We went to the local place that just changed ownership. It was as good as the last time we went. We talked and made plans and had a really great time.

3. Writing meeting today. I had to run the elections. Super stoked to be done with board service for now. I do enjoy it, but it's time for new blood. I declined to run again for 2020. I'm excited about the new people coming in and their ideas.

4. Getting my words on the page. I'm not getting a lot currently, but that's okay. I'm doing it though, and that's all that matters.

5. Living through Trick or Treat night. The weather was nasty. We had small numbers, but everyone was having a blast. Around 7:30 the skies opened. It was like a monsoon. J and Mr. B were still out, so K1 had to drive to pick them up. S & J were down the street at a friends. By the time everyone got back, they were drenched to their underwear. I'm handing out towels, leggings, and shirts. My living room floor was soaked. They all had a blast though. It's a trick or treat night no one will forget.

6. Talking to K5. She's so funny! We had an epic conversation over favorite and gross candy.

I have had a freaking nasty headache all week. It comes and goes in intensity, but it's still there. Sinuses and tension is what I think. When I woke this morning, I realized that I'm tensing up constantly. I'm guessing it's due to the big changes going on.

Monday is going to be crazy. I have transitional meetings all day. Same with Wednesday. Tuesday is more one-on-one training with the new girl. I left Friday with only two things on my plate. Those should be taken care of by Monday, and if they're not, I will pass them along. Next Friday, I'm meeting the crew at the restaurant we always go to for a farewell gathering. That's going to be the hardest.

I am looking forward to having Thursday and Friday to myself. Friday K4 and I are going shopping, which should be fun. Thursday I am imagining that I will stay in bed as long as possible and acclimate myself to the changes.

So that's all... I'm in the middle of making baked potato soup and then will run some errands. I'm not sure what we'll get up to for the rest of the weekend yet!

Behave! 


No comments: