Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

Feel Good Friday - The 5 Days Until Christmas Version

Crazy Countdown!

Here's the list:

1. Work week done! Whoot! Only a day and a half to work before a very long weekend!

2. Leaving early today to have a nice dinner with That Man! We worked through lunch so we could leave an hour early. It's our 33rd Anniversary today! We went to a steakhouse we had a gift card for. The service was pretty awful, but the food was good. We're still stuffed and we ate dinner like 3 hours ago! Ha! I can't believe it's been 33 years. And we still like each other - a lot! Ha!

3. Stopping to get a few last minute things. We're not "quite" finished, but my confidence is high. Gift-wise, we're just waiting for the delivery guy. We have a massive grocery store run to take care of in the morning.

4. Getting two of the grands for our annual shopping trip tomorrow. We started this tradition with K5, and now it's grown to include Mr. B. I'm sure it will grow further as we go. We'll pick them up and head to the store so they can shop for each other and their parents. Then, back here for wrapping, crafts, dinner, and their gift exchange. We're doing a sleepover this year, which is usually interesting, and then we'll have "Christmas Breakfast" Sunday morning. We're looking forward to it, even though we have a million things to do before time to pick them up.

5. Dinner out with the writing gang this week. That was fun. It was a small crowd, which just means more personal and deeper conversations.

6. A Christmas Celebration with friends the next night. That was really good, too. Lots of food, laughter, and silliness. It crazy snowed though and they live on a hill on top of another hill in the middle of nowhere.

7. Getting most of the wrapping done last night. We ran out of paper, so I'm glad we made the effort to get done early. Got some paper tonight, so we'll get the last few things done here in a bit. Then I need to clean the office so we can wrap with the kids tomorrow.

8. My lists! I don't think I could survive without them! I have a very hug shopping list, and a list of things to do that shrinks and grows at the same time.

9. Sleeping in a little tomorrow. Just a little, but it will be good.

10. The kitties still leaving the tree alone. Except for the tree skirt. It has turned into a superhero cape, and slidey toy, and the object of fights. I put it back and they just take it away again. To be clear, we're not putting any presents under the tree until Christmas Eve - just in case. For one, the dog will open them. She absolutely loves to open presents, so there's that. We've come home to wrapping paper and open stuff a few times over the years, and I'm not going there again. I also don't trust that the kittens won't do the same, plus they are all over the boxes in my office. Twice last night I had to do repair work on wrapping because they walked over or attacked something. Ha!

And that's all I have to say...

The wrapping, writing, and my lists are calling to me!

Behave!

No comments: