Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Road Trip: Part One



We left yesterday morning - - headed to New York to see Jason Manns. Road Trip! It's amazing that the four of us can be together for over 16 hours and never run out of anything to talk about, and never get sick of each other.
<--Megan gassing up the car.
Natalie trying to blow us up by talking on her cell phone right next to the pumps. -->

We stopped a lot during the journey.
This was the first of many brief rests.
<--Misty
Me -->




- ->
This one's actually next, but I can't seem to switch them.
Somewhere in New Jersey, where a foul odor permeated the air.
<-- In New York, fighting traffic to get to the tunnel, and the first indication of Megan's proclivity for road rage.
I took a lot of odd pictures. Seriously, how does that surprise you? K2 and I were texting back and forth most of the day. She wanted pictures, so I sent her dirty bathrooms, gross buildings, weird signs, my dinner. Since the journey was a big part of the day, we're going to do this in segments.
Stay tuned for part two.
Behave!

6 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

That's an urban legend!

Isn't it?

Victoria said...

I *think* it is, but there were signs posted on the pumps about turning off your cell phone! LOL I should have taken a picture of it and posted it beside yours. Heee....

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I always snark (mentally) about the people who bought into it and put the sign on the pumps. I mean, when has it happened? I've never heard a real report about it.

In fact, let me check...

http://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/gasvapor.asp

Nope. Absolutely no real basis for it!

Victoria said...

I didn't think so, but I've heard gas station attendants yell at people to get off their cell phones while they're pumping gas. Weird. I think they did it on Mythbusters, too, but can't remember.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

The Snopes article said the Mythbusters tried, but couldn't duplicate the supposed effect.

Victoria said...

I wonder where that came from? Weird stuff.