Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2012

The Case of the Disappearing Post...

Hrm... I wrote a post yesterday. I published it. It's gone now. The only thing left is a saved post in my archives with only a title.
How weird is that?
I'm not going to try to recreate it. Just know that it was brilliant and thought-provoking! Ha ha!
Anyway... moving on.
It's been a pretty decent weekend around here. Writing meeting was awesome and so was lunch afterwards! Lunch is often my favorite part because I get to hang with my peeps to talk business, family, and laugh. And eat. We tried a different place for lunch and it worked out well, so I think we might go back. It's hard for me to believe my term as president is nearing its end. I have one more official chapter meeting to run, two board meetings, and anything that comes up with the chapter for the next 2 months and that's it. I have two years to sit out before I can become a board member again, and that's weird for me. I've been on the board for the past nine years - four as librarian (no term limit), four as vice president, and one year as president. I'm going to miss it, for sure, but I'm kind of looking forward to the break. We'll have a mostly new board though, so I'll still be very involved while they get up and running and learn their jobs.
Got a call as the meeting closed...then a text: THERE'S A LIZARD IN OUR BASEMENT.
All I know is that he's brown and is under the washing machine. I haven't seen him and K3 only saw his tail. K4 tried to catch him, but he was too fast. Okay then. As long as he's eating spiders, I'm good with him being down there, but I really would like to see him.
Came home from the meeting and had to run out to pick up K4's friend. This was the first time this friend has been at our house and I'd put a few limits on the visit, just in case. It worked out well. The kid is just like my kid and they had a blast. My ears were bleeding by the time she went home though. A few hours of constant laughing and talking by pre-teen girls will do that do you.
Today was a whole bunch of  house related things, cooking, shopping, visiting That man's mom as she recovers from some heart related issues and regains her strength in a short term rehab center. Oh and I took a nap, caught up on Dr. Who, read a book, balanced the check book, cleaned out my truck, cleaned the kitchen (twice), talked to all of my kids, but unfortunately I did not get to see K5 as planned. Now I'm opening the wip and will write as many words as possible before I crash for the night.
And tomorrow is Monday. Again.
Behave!

No comments: