Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Retreat: Day One - Post One

Yay Retreat!!

We rolled in after nearly dying because of a hay bale in the road, taking a different route that we weren't familiar with, counting dead animals, Simon surviving a spider in her hair, and an awesome lunch.

Let's talk about lunch quickly. We always stop at the same place in the town right outside of where our facility is. The first time we stopped, it was a Mexican restaurant and so good. The second time, it wasn't Mexican, but it wasn't what it is now, and it wasn't that awesome. But for the past few years, it's been the same and each year, the quality goes up. I had an amazing portobello and gouda wrap, which was just enough to make me happy, but not feel like Thanksgiving dinner. Like the perfect lunch - I didn't feel like I needed a nap, and now that dinner time is coming quickly, I am hungry. But you don't really care about that. Ha!

I have three more people to check in today, and two tomorrow. Everyone is super excited to be here, which I love, and they thing the swag is cool, too. After dinner, I will take the newbies on a tour, and then settle in to write.

We'll see how long I make it tonight. I couldn't sleep last night and the last time I looked at the clock, it was 3am. So... I know it's going to catch up with me at some point - hopefully later than sooner. I told That Man it's fine - I always have a bit of trouble sleeping the first night and the exhaustion should help. Ha!

So last night as I was getting ready to get on my computer, it decides to update on it's own (don't worry - that stuff is turned off now). Yep. It crashed again. Took me several hours to do a system restore, and obviously that worked. I was in a panic though. What was I going to do for five days with no computer to write on, in the middle of nowhere? Everything is good now though. Keep your fingers crossed.

I don't know if I'll be back with an update later or not...

Behave!

No comments: