Pages

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Snow & Ice Day...

It was pretty yucky out there today. Awesome!

K4's school cancelled at 5:30. It wasn't even doing anything yet. I got up and turned on the coffee pot for That Man, took the dog out, and then went back to bed. About an hour later, just when I was reaching for the snooze on my alarm, work texted that we would be delayed until noon. Yes! I went back to sleep for a while.

Got up about an hour later. Made coffee. Took the dog out again, and then went back to bed to watch the local news and do a little journaling. Work had said they'd reassess the situation around 10:30, but around 9:30 I got a text that said "we are not closed". Texted my supervisor for clarification. Did I need to get moving and get in there? Were we really closed and it was a typo? She texted HR who had to contact the guy responsible for the texts. We were closed. His next update cracked me up. He said "Correction. We are closed. (I feel like a missile warning in Hawaii now)" Well, maybe not funny to some, but if you knew this guy...

Stayed in bed and kept up my journaling. Finally got up and started a load of laundry, put away laundry and cleaned our room, made a bagel, saw "the boys" off to work. (K1, my nieces bf, and my adopted son - yes, they all work together and they have a blast) Tried to take a nap, but kept thinking about the snow out front. The snow had turned to rain by this point and after talking to That Man, I decided to shovel.

Oy! That crap was heavy! I did the sidewalk and a parking space for That Man. There was a lake forming in the road from the ice jams. I am hurting a bit now. I'm kind of afraid to know what I'll feel like in the morning. My forearms, shoulders, and back are on fire. Yeah. Apparently I need to get into better shape. When I was done shoveling and spreading cinders, I came in and changed. I was covered in dirty gross water from cars going by me while I shoveled.

Made dinner. Talked to That Man. K4's school has already delayed tomorrow. Don't know if my work will or not.

Tomorrow is my baby sister's birthday! Happy Birthday, Meme! (that's what the kids all call her) Love you bunches!

That is all!

Behave!




No comments: