Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

A New Week...

So the snow was pretty disappointing. We spent the morning talking about how we could have gotten the branches down and mostly taken care of before people needed to go home so they weren't driving in the freezing rain. But... it is what it is. Who knows what would have happened had we proceeded? Maybe something bad? I'm going with that.

We have rescheduled, but there's still always a chance of inclement weather, so we'll just take things as they come. Again, it is what it is... The bonus is the delay of the hit to the checkbook, so there is that... Ha!

Anyway. We did stay in our jammies all day. Watched movies, read, took naps, did laundry, cooked, and generally goofed off. We made chicken cheesesteaks for dinner and went to bed super late. And we didn't go outside other than to take the dog out. It was a good day.

Sunday we made a quick trip to the grocery store because we had a dinner epiphany. Did some more napping, though it was interrupted by this weird smell... We'd smelled it on Saturday, but couldn't pinpoint it. By Sunday, it was so bad we thought we had a break in the furnace. It was a exhaust-type/burning smell. We kept walking around sniffing and finally figured it out. They make these plug in diffusers for cat anxiety. My sister had given me the ones she'd gotten (they turned their one cat into a demon - it happens, rarely, but it does happen) for Fred. Both were super, super hot and the one was leaking the oil into the outlet. One of them was starting to burn the plastic. Holy Fire Hazard!! Yikes!

The sad thing is that I think it actually worked. On Saturday and Sunday morning, all of the cats were in the living room all chill. They were sleeping together and there was no stress. No one is crazy now, so I can't say that it did really work or it didn't. I don't think we had enough time with it to know for sure... So now I don't know what we're going to do. I won't plug them in again because I don't want my house to burn down. (Read some reviews and found that it is a common problem with this brand and of course, there are no other brands that appear to work and not catch on fire.)

Other than that... Today was Monday again. It was a weird day at work because I thought I was only on the phones for the morning and I had planned my day around that, but it turned out to be all day. I screwed up my check run - twice, and have a crap ton of research to do tomorrow on three problems that started before I did. (That part is fine...I like the research)

I got my words done. Took laundry downstairs, but didn't start it. Ha!

And that is all...

Behave!


No comments: