Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Under the Wire

Finally!
I've been trying to post all day. For some reason, I couldn't get on here. I can now and that's all that matters.
This will be a quick one. My bed beckons and I'm going to have to get up and shut the crap off the TV. I'll just tell you it's a dance show featuring popular songs I cannot stand. The kid that was watching it has gone to take a shower, leaving me with it. Ugh.
I don't remember what I was going to talk about earlier.
I am 100 pages through my harder edits. I haven't wanted to throw it in the creek yet, so that's good. Though I still have 310 pages to get through. I've cut an immense amount of words so far. Page after page of backstory and telling. I saved what I cut, just in case I need it for inspiration/information to built off of and add back in. I labeled the files "history lesson 1, 2" ...and so forth. Ha! We'll see how many I end up with, though I already did a major cut on the last pass and didn't save much, if any, of that.
I just wanted to check in. I still have a few things to do before I can crawl between the sheets.
Behave!

6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Merciless editing is after my own heart. Sometimes I wonder how I could have thought some of my words were so indespensible.

Ava Quinn said...

Yowza! When I get far enough along to really edit, I'm going to have to take some lessons from you!

ilism - trying to act like the Beastie Boys

Victoria said...

LOL, Sue.
I wonder the same thing sometimes! The worst part is cutting a line I love. I just did that, but there was no way to keep it without it being out of place. Sigh.

Victoria said...

Slash and burn, M. And sometimes it's painful. Though I'm not claiming I'm any good at the editing. Sometimes I suck big time and can't believe I sent something so awful to anyone else to read!!

LOL on the wv. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Don't let her fool you, she's never awful! :)

Victoria said...

Bwah ha ha!
I love you, Natalie! :)